District 7610 Global Grant Scholarships
Rotary District 7610 announces the availability of global scholarships for the 2013-2014 academic year. A scholarship is for a term of one year with a stipend of $30,000. Global scholarships are intended to provide sustainable, high impact outcomes in one of Rotary’s six areas of focus:
Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution
Disease Prevention and Treatment
Water and Sanitation
Maternal and Child Health
Basic Education and Literacy
Economic and Community Development
Global grant scholars are individuals who are pursuing a career in one of these six areas of focus. Their graduate-level educational goals should support this career interest.
For example, a prospective MBA candidate who wishes to pursue a career in the
financial markets doesn’t fit within the economic and community development area of focus, even though it relates to finance. But a prospective MBA candidate who wishes to pursue a career in microcredit or with a nongovernmental organization could be a good fit.
Specific eligibility requirements and conditions for global scholarship grants include:
- The candidate must be proficient in the native language of the host country.
- The candidate’s program of study must be at the graduate level.
- The scholar must be traveling abroad for study.
- Scholars must live in their host district.
- Scholarships may not be used for studies that are already underway.
- Scholar’s legal or permanent residence or place of full time study or employment must be within the geographical limits of District 7610. (District map.)
Interested individuals should submit an application (Scholarship Application) to a Rotary Club in District 7610. ( Rotary Clubs in District 7610.)
Rotarians click here for additional information.